Starting in September, you can “Book a Librarian” to work with you one-on-one on your research questions or technology training needs. Appointments are up to one hour long and need to be arranged in advance by calling the Information Desk.
What We Can Help You With:*
- Setting up an email account
- Research beyond simple Google searches
- Using databases and online research tools, including finding articles and genealogy
- Using your mobile device to access our digital library services including Freegal, Zinio, Axis360, or the Ohio Digital Library
- Using the library’s website or catalog
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Setting up an account on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or other social networking sites
- File management
- Creating a resume or searching online job listing sites
When Appointments Are Available:
Mondays between 2:00 and 4:00 pm
Wednesdays between 5:00 and 7:00 pm
Thursdays between 2:00 and 4:00 pm
How Long are Appointments:
Each appointment may last up to one hour. Additional appointments may be requested with a maximum of two per month per patron.
How to Make an Appointment:
Stop by the Information Desk or call us at 330.673.4414 starting the Monday of the week before. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. We will ask you to briefly explain what you would like assistance with.
Who Will Assist You:
We will consider your appointment request and determine the best librarian to work with you based on expertise and availability. Specific librarians may not be requested.
Where You Will Meet Your Librarian:
Meet the librarian at the 2nd floor Information Desk by the Computer Lab.
*What We Cannot Help With:
- Applications or forms involving personal information, such as your social security number
- Medical, legal, or investment advice
- Making online purchases or paying bills
- Filing out tax forms
- Troubleshooting or maintenance help with your personal computer or other device
- Typing or editing documents