The Kent Free Library welcomes those interested in employment to fill out an application and return it to the library. Completed applications are kept on file for 90 days. If, in that time, a position opens for which an applicant is qualified, the library may be in contact.
Administrative Assistant, part-time, not to exceed 24 hours/week
The library is seeking an outgoing and friendly candidate with excellent customer service skills and strong organizational abilities to work in our administrative department. He/she must have the ability to communicate effectively with library staff, Board members, library users, vendors and other community members. The Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks to support the Director, Fiscal Officer and Department staff as needed.
The Administrative Assistant’s job duties include handling correspondence, managing office and library supplies, preparing for monthly Board meetings, organizing library files both in hard copy and digital formats, maintaining library records for audit, coordinating continuing education registrations and travel, assisting the Fiscal Officer with time clock, payroll, bank deposits and other financial activities, processing incoming and outgoing mail, recording paid time off for library staff, responding to employment inquiries and scheduling interviews, compiling monthly and yearly library statistics, purchasing, receiving, maintaining petty cash account, and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications for word processing and creation of spreadsheets, including fast and accurate keyboarding.
• Ability to use email effectively including attaching, downloading, and opening documents.
• Knowledge of office equipment for telephoning, scanning, faxing, copying.
• Effective use of verbal and written communication.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on library policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, under general direction, handling multiple priorities and anticipating the needs of the Director.
• Ability to maintain comprehensive record-keeping system for Administrative office.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Maintain effective working relationships with Director, Fiscal Officer, staff and Board and library vendors.
• Ability to travel (on foot and/or by car) to local banks, Post Office, and other community destinations for library business.
• Ability to collect, compile and prepare work documents and files.
• Ability to perform physical work, primarily sitting at a desk or computer station or standing for extended periods of time. Exertion may be required
to lift office supplies and library materials up to 30 pounds.
High school diploma and minimum two (2) years prior administrative work or other experience working as a team member in an office environment. Knowledge of library operations and previous experience in a library preferred.
SALARY: $12.50/hour minimum starting rate of pay, negotiable depending on education and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Applications received by Friday, May 9, 2014 will be given first consideration.
TO APPLY: Please submit an employment application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Library Director, Stacey Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kent Free Library, 312 W. Main Street, Kent, OH 44240.
No phone calls please.