The Kent Free Library welcomes those interested in employment to fill out an application and return it to the library. Completed applications are kept on file for 90 days. If, in that time, a position opens for which an applicant is qualified, the library may be in contact.
The Kent Free Library is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Fiscal Officer to oversee the financial and accounting operations of the library. The Fiscal Officer must comply with federal, state, and local laws, operate within the framework of governmental accounting standards as provided by statute, follow the directives of the Auditor of State, adhere to sound financial practices, and administer the policies and decisions of the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities include: performing a variety of accounting duties, directing the financial planning of public funds, preparing and monitoring the annual budget, preparing financial statements for the Board of Trustees and Auditor, maintaining a system of internal auditing controls, directing the Business office to oversee purchasing and payroll, managing the library’s investment program and bank balances to meet the library’s needs, directing financial policies and procedures, administering staff benefit programs, preparing required federal, state and local filings, and performing other essential HR related duties as required. This position reports to the Board of Trustees and works closely with the library Director and department managers.
The library welcomes applications from cooperative, flexible, optimistic and positive candidates that enjoy working as a part of a team.
• Consideration will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or other directly related field.
• Master’s degree in business or public administration, CPA, public sector or library experience a plus.
• A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Knowledge of accounting software used by public government, UAN preferred.
• Knowledge of cash-basis fund accounting.
• Must meet bonding requirements and successfully pass a background check.
22 days paid vacation, group health, dental and vision insurance, 15 days sick leave, 12 holidays, Public Employees Retirement System
Please email a cover letter and resume to library Director, Stacey Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.