Public Computer Assistance
Book a Librarian
We’re Here to Help!
Kent Free Library’s professional librarians are available to work with you one-on-one to assist with research questions or offer library-related technology training.
What We Can Help You With:*
- Setting up an email account
- Research beyond simple Google searches
- Using databases and online research tools, including finding articles and genealogy
- Using your mobile device to access our digital library services including Freegal, Zinio, Axis360, or the Ohio Digital Library
- Using the library’s website or catalog
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Setting up an account on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or other social networking sites
- Creating a resume or searching online job listing sites
When Appointments Are Available:
Mondays—Thursdays, 1:30, 2:30, 5:30, and 6:30 (subject to change due to staffing levels)
How Long are Appointments:
Each appointment lasts up to one hour, focusing on one task per appointment. Additional appointments may be requested up to one per week per patron.
How to Make an Appointment:
Stop by or call the Information Desk starting the Monday of the week before.
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. We will ask you to briefly explain what you would like assistance with.
Note: Before you make an appointment, you must have an understanding of how to use your device or computer.
Who Will Assist You:
We will consider your appointment request and determine the best librarian to work with you based on expertise and availability. Specific librarians may not be requested.
Where You Will Meet Your Librarian:
Meet the librarian at the first floor Information Desk.
Please call as soon as possible to cancel an appointment. Repeated cancellations and/or no-shows may result in future appointments being denied. Appointments may be cancelled if the registrant is more than 15 minutes late.
*What We Cannot Help With:
- Applications / forms involving personal information, such as your social security number
- Medical, legal, or investment advice
- Making online purchases or paying bills
- Filing out tax forms
- Troubleshooting or maintenance help with your computer or other device
- Training on how to use your device /computer
- Typing or editing documents
We reserve the right to cut an appointment short / cancel an appointment if your request is out of the realm of the help we offer.