COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS SERVICE UPDATES – January 14, 2021
While Portage County has returned to Level 3 ‘Red’ for the last several weeks, the library will continue in our current limited service model due to increased cases in Ohio. Please see below for latest safety measures and recommendations during our Library Express phase. We look forward to resuming all regular library activities in person when it is safe to do so.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS SERVICE UPDATES – December 11, 2020
December 11, 2020: Due to the fact that Portage County remains at a Level 4 ‘Purple’ for a second week please note the following in order to keep library staff and community members safe:
- The library building will remain open for computer use, Wi-Fi use, and browsing. Patrons are asked to limit their visit to one hour.
- Whenever possible, send just one member of your household to the library.
- For contactless service, utilize self-pick up of holds and self-checkout in the lobby.
- Place holds online, on the phone, through live chat, or by email and pick up at the drive-thru window.
- Masks are required at the drive-thru window.
- Anyone uncomfortable using the drive-thru window may continue to use curbside pickup.
- Patrons who need to print may speak with a librarian to request pick up and payment for printed materials at the drive-thru window.
- Food is limited to the café area only.
- Winter Reading materials for the Youth Services Department are available to pick up and drop off at the drive-thru window.
- Kits for Youth and Adult Services Department programs may be picked up at the drive-thru window.
- Masks and social distancing are required inside the building at all times.
- Library programs will continue in virtual format; check the event calendar for details.
We look forward to the day when we can resume all regular library activities.
For the most up-to-date information about library services please check our website or Facebook page. Contact the library Director with any questions or concerns.
December 8, 2020: The library building is currently open for walk-in browsing and borrowing. Self-checkout is encouraged. Computer use remains limited to one hour per day. Masks are required and patrons are asked to limit their visit to one hour per day.
Patrons are encouraged to continue taking advantage of reserving items online and picking them up using contact-free options including Curbside Pickup or the Drive-Thru Window. You may return items 24/7 at the drive-thru return or the exterior return bins near the parking lot entrance.
Please note the following updates:
- If you or a member of your immediate household are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or recently tested positive for COVID-19, please do not return your items to the library. Please email [email protected] for assistance if you receive overdue notices while quarantining due to a COVID-19 illness.
- Due to the end of Daylight Savings Time, starting on Monday, December 14th:
- Delivery to vehicles for Curbside Pickup will end at 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Arriving after 5:30 p.m.? Please use the Drive-Thru Window to pick up items.
- Due to the risk of inclement weather and to keep our staff safe this winter:
- The Curbside Pickup procedure is subject to change. You will receive instructions from library staff after you call the library from one of the marked curbside spaces in the parking lot.