Summer Reading: Tails & Tales
Adults ages 18 and over can record the time they spend reading and complete challenges to earn a KFL tote bag and chances to win great prizes!
Pick up or print out a Reading Record on or after Thursday, May 27 and start recording the time you spend reading in 15 minute increments. When you’ve read for 10 hours, bring your reading record in to receive a handy KFL tote bag and a coupon for $10 off your stay at an Ohio State Park campground, cabin, or lodge. Continue reading another 10 hours to receive an entry in a drawing for one of 10 amazing prizes.
Super readers can continue reading to receive an additional grand prize entry when they reach a total of 40 and 80 hours!
Turn over a new leaf by completing challenges designed to help you learn more about library services, and receive another grand prize entry.
Grand Prizes–Come in and see them in the display case by the Information Desk!
- Kent Restaurant Gift Cards: $20 gift cards to The Battleground, Erie Street Kitchen, Grazers, and The River Merchant
- Kent Shop Gift Cards: $20 gift cards Bent Tree Coffee Roasters, Haymaker Farmers’ Market, Off the Wagon, and Popped!
- Brunch in Kent Gift Cards: $20 gift cards Little City Grill, Over Easy Morning Cafe, Tree City Coffee, Wild Goats Cafe
- Bird Lover’s Basket: A bird feeder, puzzle, notecards, and $20 gift card to Tree City Feed
- Black Squirrel Lover’s Basket: T-shirt, Tote, Tumbler with straw, Travel mug, Stuffed toy, Mug, Decals, Change purse
- British TV: A one-year subscription to Acorn TV and a copy of James Herriot’s Favorite Dog Stories
- Puzzles: 6 animal-themed puzzles
- Writer’s Basket: Book on writing, Writers’ prompts, Mug, Tea, T-shirt, Do Not Disturb sign, Keychain
- A memorial/honor brick at the Portage County Animal Protective League inscribed with the name of the winner’s pet(s).
- Movie Night Basket: A Fire TV Stick, 2 black squirrel pint glasses, and snacks for a movie night (2 winners)