The library lends laptops for patrons to use inside the library. Borrowers should be familiar with the Laptop Lending Policy, which is summarized below:
- For in-house use only. Do not take laptop outside.
- Must be 18+ with a current library card in good standing AND a photo ID.
- Borrowing period 2 hours (may be extended when all laptops are not all in use).
- First-come, first-served. Reservations may be requested up to 7 days in advance. See a librarian.
- Limited technical support is available. Borrowers are expected to have familiarity with computers.
- Keep laptop in your possession at all times. Do not leave a laptop unattended.
- Return laptop in the same condition it was loaned–report any damages upon check out to staff immediately.
- Return laptop at least 15 minutes of library closing.
- You will be charged for the replacement, loss, failure to return and/or damage to the laptop and any laptop accessories.
- Removing a laptop from the building may be considered theft, and the library reserves the right to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
- Save any files, downloads, or other personal information to a personal USB device. All files and downloads will be deleted when the session expires.
- Laptop borrowers are subject to the library’s Acceptable Use Policy