THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE WHILE THE LIBRARY EVALUATES THE SERVICE AND CONSIDERS UPDATES TO THE EQUIPMENT.
The library is pleased to offer 3D printing to the public. The library’s Lulzbot 3D Printer is a machine that prints 3-dimensional objects using PLA filament. Submit a 3D Printing Request Form to the first floor Information Desk with a Flash drive containing your .STL file. The charge: $.05 per gram (rounded up to nearest gram) with a $1.00 minimum charge.
A summary of the policy is below; users should read the full Public 3D Printing Policy before submitting a request.
- 3D printer files submitted for production will be reviewed by a staff member before printing. The library reserves the right to refuse any print file.
- The Library’s 3D printers may only be used for lawful purposes. The library will not print files containing models that are: Prohibited by local, state or federal law; unsafe, harmful, dangerous; obscene or inappropriate; in violation of intellectual property rights of others.
- The Library does not guarantee that any 3D model will print successfully. If it is the fault of the equipment or staff then the patron will not be billed. Staff will make 2 attempts to print a file.
- We will not modify your file; we print exactly as you submit it to us.
- The service is not intended for manufacturing or production and the library reserves the right to refuse to print large numbers of identical designs.
- Print jobs will be ready within 7 -10 business days from submission.
- Full payment is required before picking up a 3D model.
- Failure to pick up the printed model within 10 days of the notification date will result in the cost of the item being added to the patron’s library account as a fine until the item is paid in full and picked up.
- These policies are subject to change.
Online Design Programs
You can find ready to use/print files at sites such as Thingiverse or design your own objects using programs available on the web, including:
|Free, Premium from 2/month
|Free, Premium from 10/month
|Free (Students), $4.99/month
|Free, Premium from $19/month
|Free (Students), Regular $40/month
|Free (Students), Regular from $125/month